The Santa Express is our afternoon train, where parents and kids alike are able to hop on board for the opportunity to visit with Santa Claus. As the trains travels through the cold winter wilderness, passengers will be able to visit with Santa and play with his Elves. Each child will also get a special gift from Santa’s own toy bag.
This service is scheduled early @ 12pm and 2:15pm most days other services are running.
All passengers ride the Northern Lights Limited will experience:
- Train is lighted and seasonally decorated inside and out
- Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Visit by Santa with hand delivered gifts
- Elf leads sing along to Christmas Carols
All children will receive:
- A special gift from Santa’s Toy Bag
- A bell from Santa
Classes of Service:
Coach: (70 Person Capacity)
- Comfortable seating in our 1920’s era Canadian National coaches
- Visits with each child by Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Visits by Santa’s elves
Lounge: (35 Person Capacity)
- Seating in our 1920s era 1st Class Lounge car with lounge seating (limited to 35 reserved seats) seasonally decorated inside and out
- Longer visits with each child by Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Hot chocolate service in Special Travel Mug
- Gift Bag with additional information and goodies
We ask that no outside food or drink be brought on board due to the historic nature of the cars
Please note, additional classes of service may be added. The Rutland 260 is not available at this time
Coach: $20 Adults/Children
Lounge: $54.50 Adults/Children
Please see below, an important note from the volunteers and crew at RMNE & Naugatuck Railroad:
We are looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming train experience where you will embark on a magical journey as you celebrate the Christmas season!
To make your visit as smooth and enjoyable as possible, we have some important information to bring to your attention:
ADDRESS: Boarding is at Thomaston Station, 242 East Main Street, Thomaston, CT – please note that because our station is positioned below an overpass, GPS will have you stop in the road on the overpass – we recommend that you adhere to the directions below.
ARRIVAL TIME: All trains leave precisely at their scheduled times – please plan to be at the Station at least 30 minutes prior to departure to allow for parking and retrieving your tickets. Please plan your drive with weather and traffic taken into account as refunds/transfers will not be made for missed trains.
PARKING is free onsite at the Thomaston Station. Carpooling is encouraged when possible.
WEATHER: Trains will run during rain or snow except in a case when the State of Connecticut issues orders that roads are officially closed due to treacherous conditions. Only if this happens will refunds/rescheduling be offered.
TICKETS are not mailed – passengers will pick up their tickets the day of their scheduled ride at the “Will Call” counter inside of the historic Thomaston Station.
RESTROOMS: There are NO restrooms on the trains; our restrooms are located just south of the station.
Thank you for choosing the Railroad Museum of New England to enhance your holiday spirit this year – see you soon!
Your Friends at RMNE/Naugatuck Railroad Company
**NOTE: Tickets are NOT mailed. Tickets are to be picked up at the “Will Call” counter inside the Historic Thomaston Station the day of the event. All trains leave on time, so please pick up tickets and be at the station at least 30 minutes prior to departure**
- There are no restrooms on the trains. Our restrooms are located just south of the station
- These trains sell out, please buy your tickets early online at the link above, or call (860)283-7245 at any time to make your reservations
- Child Tickets for ages 1-12. Toddlers under 1 year ride for free, but MUST be seated on an Adult’s lap. Car seats are not allowed.
- Pick up tickets at Thomaston Station’s WILL CALL window on the day of the event, tickets printed with your name and car assignment. Tickets are NOT mailed
- ALL tickets are non-refundable/non-exchangeable
- Board your train at Thomaston Station, 242 E. Main St. in Thomaston, CT
- Please arrive at the Station 30 minutes before departure time. Trains depart @ scheduled time. No refunds will be given for missed trains.
- Train is canceled ONLY if State of CT issues orders that roads are officially closed. We then offer refunds/rescheduling